Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: UV filter and 21mm ASPH lens - do they fit together?
From: "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:09:15 +1000

On 13 Jul 2000, at 2:01, Martin Howard wrote:

> However, that minor technicality aside, I agree with your general point: I
> would also welcome some well performed study on the subject.  As you
> mentioned, 'knickers' and 'twist' seem to be the two operative words on this
> subject, regardless of which side of the fence you stand on.

One can perform this "study" in the comfort of their own home (close to the
safety of the Leica display cabinet) with the aid of a lamp fitted with a small
quartz halide globe and and most any SLR/lens and UV filter.

Filter in hand place it in front of and close to the lens (sans filter), point the
camera at the lamp whilst looking through the finder such that the lamp
creates flare in the finder, rock the filter then pull the filter clear is there a
difference?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA