Subject: [Leica] Pancakes
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:33:53 -0700

Jem Kime wrote:

> Henning,
> This is both fascinating and rewarding. We enjoy going to a local cafe,
> with our kids, called The Dutch Pancake House. Although they offer bacon
> pancakes (my favourite) they come with maple syrup rather than stroop, I
> shall ask if they can find some next time.
> Is it anything like black syrup, as sold by Tate and Lyle in the UK in red
> tins?
> Jem

When I go back to Chicago where I lived as a kid about the first place I go is
the Walker Original pancake house on Green bay Road in Wilmette. I used to bring
my first dates there.
So I bring my wife there last year being in town for the LHSA thing and I look
at the bottom of the menu and it small print it says.
"Established in Portland Oregon."
THAT'S WHERE I'VE BEEN FOR THE PAST 25 YEARS!. But the one here (the original
original) closes at 4pm!
Pancakes for breakfast? The only time I ever ate um was at 3 AM.
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Jim" <jimlong@inwave.com> ([Leica] Pancake vs. Compact Voigtlander differences?)