Subject: Re: [Leica] trip report--gear, film, filter and airport experiences--long
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2000 10:16:21 -0700

On Fri, 14 July 2000, drodgers@nextlink.com wrote:

> Doug
>
> >> Altitude does funny things to light.<<
>
> Actually, it's atmosphere that does funny things to light. Could be said
> that those shots from the top of Mt Everest in the 50s -- taken with an M3
> -- were made in the most natural light found on earth.
>
> Dave

You're right, of course.  The outdoor light most of us are accustomed to has been (dare I say it?) filtered by lots of atmosphere.  The quality of light below sea level in Death Valley is vastly different from the light on top of Mt. Whitney in the nearby Sierra Nevada mountains.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!