Subject: Re: [Leica] leica for my mid-life crisis
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:42:28 -0600

The camera referred to in this instance is a M6TTL and if the shutter is
depressed while it is not turned off, regardless of whether the shutter is
cocked or uncocked, it will run the battery down. I do not turn my TTL off
unless it is going into a the bag for an extended stay. I tested my TTL with
a Fluke milliammeter and it does not draw any power once the meter has timed
out. Unfortunately, apparently some of the TTLs do draw power when the meter
has timed and the camera is not turned off so it worth checking out for
one's own convenience and peace of mind.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] leica for my mid-life crisis)