Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:how much servicing?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:02:18 -0600

I assume the false detent is between 1/8 and 1/15. This is not normal and
the camera probably should be CLAed, however, as long a properly set 1/15
sounds OK, it is probably working accurately. M shutters have intermediate
speeds available between the indicated speeds except between 1/8 and 1/15 as
this is where the system switches between medium speed gear trains (hollow
wa-thack with echo) and low speed gear trains (buzz) so you can only get one
or the other. Please note that while the M6 has the intermediate speeds
available as well, the meter only works accurately at the indented speeds.

John Collier