Subject: Re: [Leica] Velvia
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:14:22 -0500

>I've been shooting some Velvia recently for the 50 ASA speed which is handy
>for flash, and I'm wondering what kind of filtration if any people are
>using with it.
>Not for fluorescent lighting, for instance, but just for eveyday use. It
>looks like highlights and neutral greys go a bit greenish while caucasian
>skin tones go a bit magenta.
>So far I've been using E100SW with good results, but fill flash is awkward
>with the M's at that speed.
>Rob.
>Robert Appleby
>V. Bellentani 36
>41100 MO
>Italy
>tel. (+39) 059 303436
>mob. (+39) 0348 336 7990

Rob,

There is no filtration and you have just described the thing I hate
about Velvia.  WAY too red/magenta on people.

I have become a Kodak convert over the last few years.  I love the
new E100 films, but since you want slow film why not get some of the
Agfa RSX 50.  That is pretty nice film and much more color neutral on
people than Velvia.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net