Subject: Re: [Leica] On Leica Medium format
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 08:14:19 +1000

Doug Nygren wrote:

> If Leica would make a medium format camera, I'm sure it would be
> preferable to a Hassy, but I'm not sure it would be preferable to a
> Rollei.

In 97 I asked a Leica S&M type if they would be making a medium format
body.  I had assumed, incorrectly, that my 35 mm lenses might be useable
on it.  Apparently not, unfortunately.  So, if Leica produced their own
'Texas Leica', a manual focus rangefinder in 6x7, leaf shutters and
1/500th sync, well, it would be very desirable for people photography,
as the M system is.  And very expensive - another assumption.

And then we'd want a Leica SLR system in Medium format, of course.  With
big teles and tilt shifts and interchangeable screens and finders, built
in flash meters, etc.  So, we'd end up with M and R in 35 and M and R in
MF.  From what I read on this list, many folks are already equipped with
gear covering this range, or part way there at least.

Yippee. Sell the house, the wife, the kids!  There's gonna be new Leicas
to be coveted.

Regards

Rick Dykstra

Replies: Reply from "Guido Ridoli" <guirid@numerica.it> (R: [Leica] On Leica Medium format)