Subject: Re: What makes [Leica] so special?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:39:52 +0200

Jeff,

> PS: I had been toying with the idea of a similarly "magic" 35mm SLR,
> medium format camera and hi-fi setup too, and being out of spending
> money, it seemed like a great time to do some research--no impulse buys
> possible now!

While I cannot comment on the hifi, a similarly magic SLR is the Leicaflex
SL2. Extremely rugged, excellent metering, simple like an M. In medium
format, I have recently bought a Rolleiflex TLR (vintage 1956), and so far
it seems to fulfill that brief as well. I paid $405 for the Rolleiflex.
SL2's are a bit pricier than that, but I also have an SL (similarly rugged
but with a less sensitive light meter), and I paid $400 for that, including
a 50mm Summicron.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman