Subject: Re: [Leica] Proud owner of a new Leica IIIg
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:10:54 +0200

Vick,

I can help with some of your questions:

> 1)  there are rectangular frame lines and four corner-markers in the left
> view-window.
>      Can you tell me what the frame sizes are?

The rectangular frame line should be for the 50mm lens and the one denoted by four
triangles for 90mm.

> 2)  there's a black lightning arrow next to 1/60 - what shutter speed is
> that?  1/50?

Flash synch for electronic flash.

> 3)  there's a red lightning arrow next to 1/30-1 - same question - what is
> that for?
>      It seems to operate the same as if I set the shutter to 1/30-1

Flash synch for expendable flash bulbs (1/30).

> 4)  I can't see filter threads on the lenses - a 5cm f3.5 Elmar and 3.5cm f3.5
> Summaron.
>      How am I supposed to attach UV filters?   ;-)

I think the filter size on your Elmar is A36, so it is possible.

Incidentally, you can buy the manual for the IIIg. It is published by Hove
Collectors Books and you should be able to find it at Amazon.com (do a search on
"Leica").

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman