Subject: [Leica] Re: Best lenses for SL
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:15:37 EDT

Mark:

I agree completely with Doug Herr's recommendations.  I too bought a
leicaflex SL last month on eBay, and then purchased a used 3-cam 60mm/f2.8
Macro-Elmarit R from Jim Kuehl for use as a 'standard' lens with it.  While a
50mm/f2 would have been cheaper and faster, I like having the 1:2 macro
option for closeups.  And the 60mm is marginally better for portraits than
the 50mm.  I have shot more than a dozen rolls of slide film with this
outfit, and I am very very impressed with the image quality of the almost 30
years old camera and lens!  I used Nikon and Canon and Pentax equipment for
many years, and the Leica lenses are far better IMHO.

Muhammad

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Finance
Graham School of Management