Subject: [Leica] friday FS
From: Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:13:05 -0500

I found Werner Bischof's "After the War" at a local bookstore
closeout some time ago.

In 1945, already known as a photographer of "refined images,"
Werner Bischof made his way by bicycle through war-torn Germany,
documenting signs of human life emerging from the rubble. Two
years later, his travels having extended through France, Hungary,
Greece, and Italy, he had created an extraordinary portrait of a
continent's slow, anguished rebirth.

Even aside from the historical interests of the photographs, the
technical excellence and tonality of the images are spell binding
to me. I was going to put them on eBay but thought there might be
an interest here. If not I will auction them later on eBay.

I have three of them. I would like to have $17 each, which will
include shipping. They are new off of the shelf in mint
condition.

You can see some images that I was going to use if I auctioned
them at: <http://pages.prodigy.net/k5cad/bookimages>

Thank you,

Ebert Steele
K5CAD
M3 user since 1960
But mostly 4X5 Mesquite flatbed of my own making.

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] friday FS)
Reply from "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com> (Re: [Leica] friday FS)