Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Alpex Zoom Finder
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:50:13 -0500

I'll second Ken's sentiment about anything being better than an Imarect (except
perhaps the VIDOM, where the image was reversed left to right), and like him I
have no experience with the Alpex.  But I have been pretty happy with a Russian
turret finder for my IIIf.  Apart from looking clunky (but my teenage daughter
thinks it's funky) and being pretty large, it magnifies or minifies the image to
fit a marked screen, doesn't have to be taken off and replaced when changing
lenses, and cost only a fraction of the price of a single bright line finder
from Leitz.  (I think 3 used Leitz bright line finders would cost about the same
as the IIIf, 35 Jupiter, 90 Elmar and 135 Hektor, with which they would be used,
combined.)

If you're looking for a single finder solution for multiple lenses, and for some
reason the Alpex doesn't do it for you, take a look at one of these.

Cheers,
Kip

Message from "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net> ([Leica] toning query)
Message from Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com> ([Leica] Re: Alpex Zoom Finder)