Subject: Re: [Leica] Diffraction limited; bo-ke
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 13:01:04 -0700

Erwin Puts wrote:

> Someone suggested that I might have said that the Summicron 50 and other
> lenses are diffraction limited at f/8 and smaller. And therefore you should
><Snip>
> But I admit that the phenomenology of the picture is a rich breeding ground
> for semantic gymnastics.
>
> Erwin.

I needed to check on this word and here it is!:
phenomenology  n. Philosophy.
1. The study of all possible appearances in human experience, during which
considerations of objective reality and of purely subjective response are left
out of account.
2. A movement based on this study, originated about 1905 by Edmund Husserl.

study of the development of human awareness

Edmund Husserl apparently died when a falling tree hit him in the middle of the woods!
His last words translated from the french was"
"Ouch that was loud!"
Then his feet disappeared under the tree.
Mark :-) Rabiner