Subject: Re: [Leica] Mike Johnston, Bokeh, Pentax
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:30:57 -0700

><Snip> Bananaflex!
> >Mark Rabiner
>
> I for one am seriously considering "regression" to a light-weight minimum
> 4x5 system.  Setting a large format camera on a tripod would be most similar
> to what I did when I used to paint.  I can no way compete with HCB,
> though...
>
> Cheers,
><Snip>
> MIKIRO

I have been looking over field cameras such as you describe myself. Two reasons.
1. Other people.
I've gotten influenced by the excitement in their work of LUGNUTS Byron Rakitzis
as well as Richard Wassermann..

....in their exploits with portable 4x5 and all that is involved.
The glass options are amazing with primo Schneider, Rodenstock, Nikkor Glass at
half the price of what I've gotten used to spending on Leica glass. (but mainly
the results)
2. July is scan month for me going through my entire body of work to result in a
new portfolio and scanning some of my not very many 4x5 negs on my Umax
PowerLook III has been a revelation!
I've been remastered! :)
The results are very visible and impressive out of my Epson 1200 and 750
inkjetters.
(Next get my 4x5 act together in the wet world!)
Mark Rabiner