Subject: Re: [Leica]My REALITY CHECK Bounced!
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 00:02:06 +1000

Dan Post wrote:

> Gruppe!
> Helfen Sie mir!
> I have seen where the FIKUS shade- the one that adjusts, is tourted not only
> for the 50-135mm Elmars- or more correctly, the 5 to 13.5cm Elmars, et al,
> but I have heard of it touted as usable on the 35mm (3.5cm) Summaron....
> The 5cm mark is not the closest the outer hood with set- the 5cm mark is
> about a cm from the litmit of it's movement, and looks like if it was pushed
> all the way back that it would work great onthe Summaron- and it would mean
> that I could carry just one shade with my LTM kit!
> Anyone with first hand experience! I just got it, and even though I like the
> VALOO on the 5cm Elmar- because of the ease of changing aperture, the FIKUS
> is a great solution for the 90 Elmar, and 13.5cm Hektor.
> Thanks for any thoughts on this!
> Dan ( Who just loves all the neat old clamp-on stuff....Honey! I'M HOME!)
> Post

Dan, The FIKUS shade will work on a 35 mm Elmar lens, if you don't use a slip on
filter,but it won't work on a Summaron. The difference is, the 35 mm Elmar has
the front element
very far forward, where the 35 mm Summaron has the front element further
recessed.
When Using the FIKUS with this lens, you will get vignetting. The Lens hood to
use with this lens is the FOOKH. This lens hood accepts the lens caps for the 39
mm lenses (50 mm summicron etc.).

Hope this helps, Horst Schmidt

Message from "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] REALITY CHECK)
Message from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] REALITY CHECK)