Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica or B+W Filters
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:13:42 -0700

I believe that the Hoya glass that Leica buys for lenses is different from
the glass Hoya uses for its filters. There are many many different types of
glass in the Hoya glass catalog.

I personally do not like Hoya filters. I have a few colleagues who have had
bad experiences.

Jim

At 11:05 PM 7/24/00 -0400, Dante A Stella wrote:

>Hoya on the ASPH?! Glad I bought the old one. :  )
>
>There's nothing wrong with Hoya glass.  The mounts are not heavy, but I
>guess that
>can be an asset. They don't seem to be much cheaper than B+W.  B+W does make
>Leica
>filters, which is why the B+W boxes have the Leica cross-reference numbers.
>
>Multicoating is a moot issue with anything other than a skylight, no?
With any

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters)