Subject: [Leica] Umax 2200
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 09:46:18 -0500

Have any of you out there used a Umax 2200?  I am considering replacing my
HP 4100c with this particular scanner mainly so I can scan several of my 4X5
negatives from the my teen years.  This particular scanner has a
transparency adapter that can scan negs to 4X5.  Having used Umax products
extensively at work, I have no problems with the workmanship.  Why I use a
flat bed is that I have a considerably sized print collection of photos
taken with the Leica.  I have been slowly digitizing many of my prints.  Of
course I have the means via my V35 to make new prints, which means no end to
my leica system.

gck

Leica M, the quiet alternative...