Subject: Re: [Leica] Umax 2200
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 14:37:34 EDT

Gary,

I bought a 2200 last year to meet both my wife's needs for 8.5 X 11 sheet
scanning and my needs for transparancy scanning. My 35mm transparancy scans
were disapointing. I did a few 6X6, but did not fairly evaluate them.
I talked with several others about flat bed scanning tansparancys and
everyone recomended a film scanner.
Sooo.. I can't recomend the 2200. I'll be happy to scan a couple of your negs
on it it if you would like. Just send thme to me.

BTW, I bought a "refurb" Nilon LS2000 at what I thought was a great price,
$800 from "The Zones". Came with 90 day warrenty. I hope I didin't maske a
mistake, but I could not resist the price. I'm learning and it is fun!

Maybe it means the new model will be here sooner!

Bruce Bowman
Killingworth CT