Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 14:15:58 -0700

Pilot E-Mail wrote:

> Info Please.
> My 283 Owner`s Manual makes no reference of a Quantum battery or HVP-1. Are
> these replacements for the non-available Ni Cad rechargeable batteries?
> Major Waechter
> USAF Retired

The Quantum's are a third party deal Quantum being the name of the company so
Vivitar would not talk about them.
But they became very popular and might still be. You had to drill a little hole
in your battery door and there got to be a time when most the flashes you saw
had that little hole drilled in the sliding door! I just had bad luck with two
of mine.
Mark Rabiner

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285)
Message from "Pilot E-Mail" <wwaechte@capecod.net> (Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285)