Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:11:12 -0400

on 31/7/00 2:21 am, Jean-Claude Berger at jcberger@jcberger.com wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Again, the problem is not about taking pictures, it is about publishing
> them. If the picture of your site were showing people shot in France, you
> would take a major risk of being sued because (I guess) you do not have
> written clearances from your subjects specifying in which circompstances and
> for which period of time their images can be used. Moreover, the courts here
> begin to apply the same legal regime to private or public estate.
>
> All the best

France (and Quebec) are pretty unique in this. In any case it is the
publisher not the photographer who risks getting sued (the photographer has
no money!). However, in those territories it's a real problem. Elsewhere the
rules are pretty much as they have always been. Henri should move!
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com