Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:OT: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:52:14 EDT

I have two 285's.
I remember very well the 510 V batteries from my days as a photo retailer.
(My fingers and arms start tingling just from typing "510 V").

I don't need the fast recycle time for the extended time period that any of
the high voltage packs give you. But it is nice to have the fast time when I
want it. I use the Energizer Lithium AA batteries. The Li cells give me the
higher MA necessary for faster recycle times. They have great shelf life too.
I buy them at Wal-Mart.

Note, while I am involved in the battery industry, I don't work for Eveready,
and none of our companies material is used in these cells. Unfortunately.

FWIW

Bruce Bowman
Killingworth CT