Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:46:43 -0700

Bob K., Dan and others:
On this street thing as much as a Wedding photographer having full licence to
blast everyone drunk with white frosting running down their faces there is the
issue of our OWN ATTITUDE which applies just as much.

I have been in a situation where I am being paid to go out and get shots of people.
And I have been in the situation where I am out shooting for my own enjoyment
and "body of work"
The people in front of my camera always seem to know.
When I have a deadline and a mission and it is business I am in a hurry and I
never have a conflict.
But out on my own there is a "lurking" aspect to my shooting and you kinda feel
guilty like you really don't need to be there.
THAT's when you run into trouble cause those people out there always pick up on
that right off and mangle you!
The trick when you are out on your own doing street shooting is to convince
yourself that you have a deadline and you'd rather be home watching television
or doing something else.
Then no one cares and you are in effect invisible.
Mark Rabiner