Subject: RE: [Leica] Street photography
From: "Bergman, Mark A." <mabergm@nppd.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:02:26 -0500

I tend to think it's society.  I like using large format for landscape and
over the last few years strange thinks have been happening.  Farmers in
Nebraska tend to be pretty friendly but when I set up the tripod and LF
camera (and imagine being in the middle of nowhere) the farmer will come
roaring up in his truck demanding to know what I'm doing.  Most times when I
show him it's a camera and I'm a nobody with a hobby they'll back off.
Lately though I'm afraid some are going to shoot.

And I'm talking being a mile from the nearest building, no one in sight,
taking a picture of a cornfield.  Kind of creepy.