Subject: Re: [Leica] Donal's Wedding
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:38:36 -02-30

>I wonder if that is the same replica that Wooden Boat Magazine did a story
>couple years ago about the building of it in Maine?
>
>Steve
>Annapolis

         It wasn't that boat but the Maine boat was there, along with 10
viking ships from Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Germany and Norway. It was a
part of the 1000 year anneversary of Leif Ericsson's arrival in North
America.  L'anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland is the only proven Norse
settlement in North America.  It was quite the party. Vikings everywhere.!

My client, der Spiegel, is planning a cover story for next week. When they
use the pix I'll try and get some shots up on my web site for everyone to see.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@picturedesk.org

PICTUREDESK INTERNATIONAL     ...news pictures ONLINE
1-800-340-4970 / http://www.picturedesk.org