Subject: [Leica] leica announcements
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:00:23 EDT

I got a memo from Leica yesterday announcing the following. I thought it
might be of interest.

1: Leica is going to make a new APS camera called the C11. It sounds a lot
like the C1, but "mini." No photos of it yet.

2: Leica is going to re-badge the Fuji 4700 and call it the Digilux 4.3. The
4.3 is for 4.3 million pixels (yes, interpolated). They have a close up
thingy-magingy that they will soon introduce as well for it. Digicopy will
still be around too.

3: rebates are really ending on Aug 31st and no intentions of new rebates are
related. I guess this means that Leica cameras and lenses will on the whole
be $150 more than they are now. (in some cases prices may have dropped to
compensate though.) The new binocular rebates stay.

OK, that is the news for now...

later,
Rich
The Photo Village, Inc.