Subject: Re: [Leica] leica announcements
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 18:38:46 -0400

At 06:00 PM 8/1/00 -0400, Photovilla@aol.com wrote:
>2: Leica is going to re-badge the Fuji 4700 and call it the Digilux 4.3. The
>4.3 is for 4.3 million pixels (yes, interpolated). They have a close up
>thingy-magingy that they will soon introduce as well for it. Digicopy will
>still be around too.

Question: Is the Digicopy apparatus at all a quality method for digitizing
chromes with the current Digilux model? I'm not expecting Drum Scan quality
but as good as my local one hour shop would be nice. I would like to get a
digicam to play with anyhow (and why not Leica at that price), but if I
could use it to get some workable scans of the 100s of chromes I have in
stock, It would be that much better a buy.

Thanks in advance.
Michael E. Berube