Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip report
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 22:04:26 -0400

At 06:54 PM 8/2/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Tina as a pig lover I'd like to know what they are like to sleep with!
>Are they quiet?
>Warm?
>smell good?
>Steal the covers?
>coming and going to go to the bathroom?
>Do they snore? OINK?
>Mark Rabiner

Hi, Mark -

It depends on the size!.  The large Mama pigs were very noisy with lots of
grunts and snorts - even noisier than the assorted doctors who traveled
with us.  We carried several dozen eggs wrapped in paper for our supper and
the Mama pigs got into the dishpan and ate them all!  We had beans and
tortillas.  The smaller piglets are just cute, warm and cuddly.  We were
very tempted to use them for pillows since we were sleeping on the ground,
but the Mama pigs objected.  As far as smell goes, we had all been
traveling for a day in a canoe weather alternating between freezing rain
and broiling sun.  Nobody commented on the odor of the pigs.  We had no
covers to steal.  We stumbled over the pigs on the way to the latrine which
was the nearest tree where the corncobs were stacked.  Yes, they snore and
OINK, but not as bad as my husband.

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com