Subject: Re: [Leica] Dr. Strangelens, or....
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:23:51 -0700

"Barker, J. Madison" wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
> "It's just it APPEARS stuff is happening which is not if people don't know
> the collapsible was a dog."
>
> But _everyone_ knows the collapsible was a dog.  And I clearly described the
> lenses I was using, including year and the word "collapsible".
>
> If I gave anyone the idea I was trying to prove that the Nokton is a better
> lens than any and all versions of the Summicron, you're mistaken, and I beg
> forgiveness.  I don't know or much care about the answer to that question,
> because I don't have any other versions.  I was mostly trying to amuse
> myself and maybe a few others, and to see how the two particular 50mm lenses
> to which I have access look, to me, subjectively, in a few varied light
> situations.
>
> Matt Barker
>
> PS:  Anyone got a really crummy old longer Leitz lens I can borrow and shoot
> alongside the Color Heliar 75mm?  ;-)

Just some innocent fun from a guy who goes out an gets a whole set of cheap fake
Voighlander glass  claiming love for old Leica glass. And then shows off the
Leica glass in a bad light in comparison to this new cheap Japanese stuff.

With all that cash you blew on these Notons or Heliors how much cool old Leica
glass could you have gotten? Since contrast is not the issue?
Mark Rabiner