Subject: Re: [Leica] "notoriously crappy" lens
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:49:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000 Krechtz@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/5/00 5:33:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jbcollier@home.com writes:
>
> << So after 15 to 20 years, you send it in for a CLA and they have to
> collimate
>  the lens. It is not that big a deal or expensive.
>   >>
> My point exactly.
>
> Joe Sobel

Hey, wait a second. Do you think someone will undo the
elements and recollimate them and tighten them down?
Maybe you'll get charged for it, but who, except the
factory, might do this...at a reasonable price. And
how do you know the lens isn't worse when you get it back?
To tighten the collapsible lenses you just stick a
small screwderiver between the slits in the brass
locking parts of the end of the lens tube. This tightens
the mount holding the elements. I've done it. You do
a little at a time. Scared? Sure. It works for my
Summitar.Ed