Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 Bugs Ironned-Out Yet?
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 10:01:13 +1000

Hi Richard,

I can understand being coy about the R8 given the initial problems, I was
looking with an unbiased view to the R8 and found that the reputation had
grown enormously with the 3-4 years that it had been around. Conisdering the
5-year warranty and currently available Motor and Winder options, it is
essentially an undervalued purchase.

The problem with the N1 is that it is yet another variation on the Contax
theme and it only comes with 1 zoom and 2 prime lenses (as pointed out by
keen Contax Users). So it would seem that with MM lenses being the only
option for most of the moetering options, you would want to already have the
lenses before even considering the N1.

Three cam and ROM lenses work fine with the R8, the non-rom option limits
TTL flash capability.

Miro