Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 viewfinder display
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 09:34:47 +0800

on 7/8/00 12:24 pm, Jay Coleman at jcoleman.interport@rcn.com wrote:

> I understand that the blue display is actually middle production and that
> the newest R8s have the yellow/green display.
>
> Jay Coleman

I must have delivered a few hundred R8s by now so here are my findings:

The early ones generally had a yellow/green LCD display in the viewfinder,
but there were a few that had amber ones.

Middle to latest ones generally have blue display, but there have been a few
with yellow/green display.

I now have customers looking out for those rare amber display R8s, claiming
they are now 'collectible'!  I also had a gentleman who returned his newly
purchased R8 last month, as his camera turned out to have the early
yellow/green display which he didn't like.....

Joseph Yao