Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: R8 Bugs Ironed-Out Yet?
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:16:17 +1000

Hi Doug,

I bought 3 bodies in 1 week from two dealers, and 2 of them had sluggish
apeture levers. One an R4 and one R7. All three bodies were EX+ to Mint,
externally, and they all went back to the dealers. What causes this and what
does it cost to fix.

Thanks,

Miro

> > Why does the R-system have so many problems with the apeture lever
inside
> > the mount. Is it something inherently difficult about the design.
>
> Miro,
>
> Can you be more specific?  The only trouble I've had with R aperture
levers was on a 15-year-old R4s where the aperture lever in the body became
sluggish.  A CLA fixed the problem.