Subject: [Leica] Re: easy calc of hyperfocal distance
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:14:48 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from mail: 7-Aug-100 Leica Users digest V17 #312 by Leica Users
digest@mejac
> >It's a lot easier to place the infinity mark on the aperture.
> >
> >Tina Manley, ASMP

That's what I do, but does anyone know Leitz's standard for D-o-F, as it
pertains to scales on the lenses? This is based on the size of the
circle of confusion allowed,  usually expressed in absolute terms, e.g.
1/200 inch, or as a ratio of focal length, e.g., f/1720.

Not knowing this, I often position the inf. mark on the next aperture up
just to be safe, e.g., on f5.6 when shooting at f8.
Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh