Subject: RE: [Leica] Suggestions for Europe Trip
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:45:43 -0700

Think about Kodak's new Supra 400 for the color neg film.  I really like the
stuff - I'd even forgo Reala and carry more Supra 400.  Shoot a few test
rolls and see what you think.

Get a Leica table-top tripod with either the large or mid-size ball head.
Definitely the best thing out there in the small and sturdy category.  Buy
one used - they don't wear out.

For a wide angle lens, I agree that $1500 is a lot to spend for little use.
However, how much is the trip costing, and what will the shots you might
miss be worth?  If it were me, I might get the 24.  The Cosina Skopar 25 is
a possibility, but again, why risk coming back with disappointing photos?
OTOH, if it were truly me, I'd just take a 28 cause that's the WA I love the
most and am most familiar with.  If you haven't used an ultra-wide before,
it may take some getting used to.  And sometimes "getting it all in" can
make for less interesting photos.

Good luck, and have fun!
Paul