Subject: Re: Vs: Vs: Vs: [Leica] 50mm lens: now "-M"
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:41:24 EDT

raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi writes:

<< Now when you have learned that a) all M lenses have the hyphen, too - what
next?
b)  When the next generation arrives, do they remove the M from earlier
lenses?  >>

a) Not all M lenses have the hyphen, as you and every other member of this
group is aware.  b) No, as you also know. c) At the time the suffix was
attached by the manufacturer to a given lens, it appears to have been the
latest optical design available.  I said it, I believe it, and no one has
effectively contradicted it.
The original question has long since been answered.  The lens in question was
a Summicron-M.  I'm moving on.  So should you.

Joe Sobel