Subject: RE: [Leica] Dear Dr. BlackTape
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:51:43 -0400

DR. BLACKTAPE DOES NOT CONSIDER YOUR 1V LUST A SIN...

But question's your motivation.

Not only does Dr. Blacktape firmly believe that a modern, full-featured
autofocus SLR can be an ideal compliment to one or more Leica rangefinders,
he himself now owns such a camera and uses it for lens longer than 50 mm -
but he has blacked out the manufacturer's name and model number which are
prominently featured on the prism and camera body.:-)

But making such an equipment decision shouldn't be related to size - at
least not a quest for large size. Dr. Blacktape firmly (sorry) believes that
this is definitely a case where smaller is better. Further, if Dr. Blacktape
is correct in his understanding, the image quality with the IS lenses you
sight is such that you'd be better off with a shaky image produced by
another lens than you would with the stable image produced by that one.

Further, Dr. Blacktape would remind you that some months back the Digital
Journalist featured an article in which it was suggested that the M and EOS
may, in fact, be an ideal photographic couple.