Subject: Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:39:45 +0000

>Michael Gardner wrote:
>>
>> Geez, guys!  It would save a lot of fuss and bother if you would make
>> yourselves an email filter to trash using the keyword 'ebay'.  A sure cure
>> for dyspepsia!  You'll never see those horrid ebay posts.
>> Mike Gardner
>> NO ARCHIVE
>>

>Yes but then we'd miss these wonderful anti ebay posts!
>Mark Rabiner
>:)

IMO, people who put up an article on Ebay first and then tell everybody in
the LUG to go and have a crack at it is like someone who wants his cake and
eat it.
I see it as an unfriendly and selfish act within a forum of people who
generally have a common interest and comraderie.

Then there are those who put an article for sale in the LUG and then add,
"I am offering this for sale before I put it on Ebay." What does this
imply? I get the message that we are given one chance to make good the
purchase (and better do it quick). Otherwise, whoever it is is going to get
a better deal on Ebay.
Ebay seems to have succeeded in bringing out the worse in human behavior.

Dan K.
    To detect what is false, study the truth.

Replies: Reply from Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] LUG rules)
Reply from Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay?)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE)