Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG rules
From: Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 06:45:15 -0500

D Khong wrote:

     IMO, people who put up an article on Ebay
     first and then tell everybody in the LUG
     to go and have a crack at it is like someone
     who wants his cake and eat it. I see it as
     an unfriendly and selfish act within a forum
     of people who generally have a common interest
     and comraderie.

     Then there are those who put an article for sale
     in the LUG and then add, "I am offering this for
     sale before I put it on Ebay." .... [snip]

     Ebay seems to have succeeded in bringing out
     the worse in human behavior.

     Dan K.

I can't figure out which way you want it? If you post it on eBay first
its "unfriendly and selfish," if you post it on the LUG first its the
"worst in human behavior."

The only thing uncivil about either is whether or not it falls within
the rules of the LUG. People generally want to live up to the rules of
the group they are in. In the absence of rules, common sense applies.
Just be aware that someone will be offended no matter which way you do
it.

Ebert Steele

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE)
Message from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay?)