Subject: Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:23:03 -0700

Jesse Hellman wrote:

> Another point about eBay n the LUG: as I follow the LUG I have become
> familiar with many of the posters - I recognize them and this gives some
> sense of familiarity, although many (such as me) do not post as often as
> others. I have not recognized the eBay posters as readily. Are some of
> the feelings generated due to a perception that the LUG is being used by
> others who have no/little interest in it other than advertising? Perhaps
> that is one reason for the strong feelings that have been expressed.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Jesse

I have strongly noticed this as well.
Although it may seem about 50/50 as to who feels pro or con on the ebay issue
most of the pro ebay people are people we almost never hear from or are lurkers
to pure strangers.
It seems interfering with commerce in any way brings out quite a loud cry.
But so does a rude intrusion to civil discourse.

I remember the list before it became riddled with Ebay URL's and other
references to Ebay this and Ebay that and it is a fond memory. (Sitting on the
front porch with the mint Julep:)

I'll be glad to see that state of affairs return and this argument end for the
last time.
Mark Rabiner

Message from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE)
Message from Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net> (Re: [Leica] CONDEMN Ebay? M6 FOR SALE)