Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: BW developments
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:02:06 -0700

Tim Spragens wrote:

> Erwin Puts wrote:
> > ... the PanF, the D100 are in a class
> > of their own, with the PanF having slightly finer grain.
>
><Snip>

I was standardized with Pan F and Rodinal 35mm in the studio for years.
Delta 100 in Rodinal I had terrible luck with, I don't think they like each other.
I had to use Pan F to get the sharpness so my 35mm did not look terrible next to
my medium format.
(which was always 220 Plus x)
But when Xtol came onto my scene two years ago I found Delta 100 to have the
Rodinal like sharpness I used to get with Pan F but with even finer grain!!! No
way it is sharper though!, Pan F is thin film. But I think as Erwin says it
comes darn close. For some reason I find ASA 100 to be much more workable than 50.
Mark William Rabiner
:)
My hit on DDX (Silent Spring!)
It is based on an evolution of Phenidone as Xtol is.
But Xtol combines it's new Phenidone superadditively with an Ascorbic acid derivative.
AND THERE LIES THE BIG DEAL! as i see it!
In the way these chemicals WORK TOGETHER!
Worth mixing up this powder in a bucket I think!