Subject: [Leica] NJ service dept?
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:17:18 -0700

Hi,

I just need to blow off a little steam. I sent a lens to NJ for repair
in February, and it slowly worked its way to Germany after a series of
back-and-forth with Leica NJ. The latest I've heard is that they haven't
even started working on the lens in Germany because they thought I hadn't
approved the estimate. i.e., when I called a few days ago to find out
what was taking so @#$# long they said they didn't have my approval.

The darndest thing is that they got my approval and gave me a target
delivery date (mid-July) several months ago.

I'm sure the person on the phone is just doing their job, etc., but I got
a few very unapologetic monotone responses from the service dept. on the
telephone today. What happened to the golden rule? It just left me
seething at the end.

It seems that this lens has been sitting on a shelf somewhere for the
better part of a year, just because of Leica's peculiar way of approving
work estimates.

Anyway, I'm pissed off so I decided to write this note. Unfortunately
it's not a repair which Sherry could handle, she deferred to the Leica
repair dept.

Byron.

Replies: Reply from Wilber Jeffcoat <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net> (Re: [Leica] NJ service dept?)