Subject: Re: [Leica] NJ service dept?
From: Wilber Jeffcoat <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:01:01 -0400

Byron: For what it's worth: I always send a CC# along with the repair and a
letter detailing what needs to be done. Next I Fed-X all equipment and mark
the outside- Urgent Pro Service on all six sides of the box. This way I know
they have it in 2 days. (Trust me they are as frustrated as we are with the
slowness-funding???Understaffed????). Now in one week call and don't get off
the phone with out an answer as to they have it and when they estimate it
will be done. Next- you know it is going to cost more, you know they are the
only ones who can do this, Just give them permission to do the repair to
start with, but make sure to call every two weeks and ask how things are
coming along.  Next thing that I would do (and have done in the past) Call
and ask to speak to the President of Leica USA, tell him your story- All
those folks in repair answer to him. Trust me you will get action. Now if
you've all ready done all of this and to no avail: Then I'll just shut my
helpful mouth.
Cheers Wilber