Subject: [Leica] Question: wich M6TTL to choose?
From: Grégoire Vandenschrick <vandenschrick@geog.ucl.ac.be>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:09:22 +0200

Hi everybody,

I didn't have the time enough to read all the digests I received last time,
so do apologize my question that could be redundant with past ones.

I made a trip in the Pyrenees, France, and made some trekking, between 2000
and 3000 meters high, all this with an R8, motor drive, and one to four
optics in the backpack. Lord it was heavy to carry all this, and not so easy
to take off the camera, put the optic, make the shot, and then all coming
back in place, out of breath!

So I think of a tiny thing, with just a 35 asph, and maybe a 90 asph. But I
don't quite deal with the 0.72x or 0.85x. I understand very well both the
frames, the magnifications and all the other technical details. The
TTL/standart choice is dead as I can only buy new here in belgium the TTL
version. I tried the 0.72x, and had difficulties to see all the 35 frame,
and never saw the 28 one. I understand that with my choice of optic, the
0.85x would be the best choice, but what if I don't see the all finder (I
wear glasses)? Could some people with experience with both the finder give
me some good advice before I become ruined? I read also that the 0.85 was
less prone to flare in bad light conditions, what about this point also.

At least, is there a lot of technical and reliability between the TTL and
the standart M6 version?

Thanks for all your reactions

Gregoire Vandenschrick
Brussel, Belgium