Subject: [Leica] Re: easy focusing!
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 05:10:31 -0700 (PDT)

Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> wrote:

> I would also suggest not to fiddle the focus ring back and forth
> trying to make it more in focus, it's best to screw the focus ring to
> nothing but complete blur and start over again focusing.
>
> This works very effectively if you practice, as I've used this method
> for many years.

Somebody else gave me similar advice several years ago, and it seems
to work.  I haven't noticed about going from close to far focusing,
but our eyes seem more attuned for picking out when something goes
from blurry to sharp than picking out which degree of sharpness you
want by rocking back and forth.

Besides, if you learn to just judge when everything is sharp and not
repeatedly fiddle, non-manual focusing photogs will be amazed at the
speed at which you can shoot.  :)