Subject: [Leica] R19 2.8 question
From: "Tofu" <topher@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:58:55 +0800

Well, instead of the APO 2x, i bought the 19! But i have a question; all the
lenses i looked at had some degree of goop on the filters. I am well aware
that some small amount of crap on the lens is ok, but these were large
clumps! the lens i finally bought only had one small clump on the
yellow/green filter.... My question is, how easy is it to clean these
puppies? does one have to disassemble the lens? is it do-able by ones-self?
let me try that again...can you take it apart and clean it yourself? or do
you have to send it to the repair-persons? i probably won't sweat it, but
i'd like to know for future reference, or if i start going for
yellow-green-filter-shots!
thanks for any advice!