Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Double up. NOW: topic change?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:18:56 -0700

"Barker, J. Madison" wrote:

> Ted,
>
> My sister and I, and later my wife and I, had BW portraits done by a guy
> named Andrew Kilgore, some years ago.  My recollection is that he used only
> (north) window light.  Sorry I can't remember/never knew anything else about
> his equipment, film, technique, etc., but I believe he does have a book or
> two, possibly still in print.  Cheers,
>
> Matt

One of my tippy top inspirations has been Irving Penn.
He always made sure he had a big window to shot with in his studios.
The quality of light a big issue; Paris.
From the late 30's.
In the mid 80's his stuff started looking like strobes
	still good though.
		Maybe missing something.
My windowlight here in my house/studio was never much good.
I had in my shooting area the window blocked over so I shoot in a hermetriclly
sealed strobe lit environment. But my back yard is an option. I might set up a
seamless back there.
Markwr