Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Portraiture by window light
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:56:48 -0700

Window light photography requires much more than a window and soft light. In
most cases the background is not conducive to pleasing results.

I am not much of a people photographer ( I like to photograph nuts and
bolts, landscapes, and still life. They don't complain about wrinkles or bad
hair).

In any case the thread reminded that in the past I had taken a photo of  a
friend by window light.
I want to share it although it does show what I mention above regarding
background.
While there is adequate separation of the subject from the backgound, the
dark area behind her hands does bother me.
Here is the scan:

http://www.thegrid.net/joecodi/katie.jpg

Joe C.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Portraiture by window light)