Subject: Re: [Leica] Ralph Gibson again
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:42:06 +0200

on 22/8/00 10:47 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

> In the last issue of Camera Arts I just read in the bathroom it's got a big
> thing on Ralph Gibson who we intermittently discuss.
> But it says here:
> "I've gone around the world with two Leica M6 bodies and three lenses, an 35,
> 50 and a 90mm. Since starting to photography ain color a few years ago I carry
> one camera loaded with black and white and one with color negative. Since 1961
> my only camera has been a Leica. I use Fuji 100 color neg and Neopan 1600 B&W"
snip

Mark- Does it mean that he used visoflexes or his DR Summicron in all his
close-ups?  I have assumed he occasionally uses SLR bodies with tele-macro
lenses....

BTW, my wife tells me that she can make a decent photobook as good as
Gibson's out of my "failure" pics.  Should I feel happy or unhappy?

MIKIRO
http://arbos.silva.net

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Ralph Gibson again)