Subject: re: [Leica] Lens test
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:32:19 -0500

It has been repeated so often, that at 5.6 all current and
well corrected lenses perform very well and whatever differences in fine
detail rendition and micro contrast are available, the handheld shooting, by
vibration and focusing inaccuracy will degrade these differences.

So if I shoot most often around f/5.6 or so, and I shoot probably 90%
of the time handheld -- and this is how I shoot, by the way -- there
is little to no meaningful optical advantage to my using Leica lenses
over other top brands. At least that's how I'm interpreting the
above. Am I interpreting correctly?

Larry

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Lens test)
Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Lens test)