Subject: Re: [Leica] b.d.'s planning something dangerous!
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:43:36 +1200

At 12:01 AM -0700 23/8/2000, Rick D wrote:
>At times I've found it to be a pain, when
>taking portraits against the light with me and camera in the sun - need
>to get a bystander to hold a large plastic box lid between the sun

Hey Rick, that's why those ubiquitous baseball caps were invented!
Dintcha know, all those cap wearers own flary Leicas! Seriously
though, a cap can cut a lot of that flare from the rangefinder. I
think Tom A suggested a post-it note with a hole punched in it, thus
you minimize the light and still get the framelines.

All the best,
Gary (The City Lights Bookshop cap wearing M3 owner who never has
flare for anything!)
- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University